Invoice Processing System Narratives
Process 1.0 Check Invoice
- Accounting clerk receives vendor invoices
- Accounting clerk checks these invoices against related Packing Slips and Purchase Orders
- If everything matches the invoice is authorized for payment.
- Otherwise any unmatched Invoices are forwarded to the Purchasing Department for later processing.
Process 2.0 Issue Payment
- Upon receiving an authorized invoice the Accounting clerk looks up the Vendor information for Contact and Account information.
- Accounting clerk produces a cheque and sends it to the vendor.
- Accounting clerk stamps the invoice 'paid' then files in the Paid Invoice file
- The Vendor’s account balance is updated to indicate the payment.
Process 3.0 Produce Reports
- Monthly, Accounts Payable clerk produces an Audit Trail Report
- Accounts Payable clerk looks up all paid invoices for the current month.
- The invoices are compiled into the Audit Trail Report and send to the Finance Manager