Peek Magazine DFD System Level Narratives
Process Subscription Request
- When a Subscriber submits a Subscription Request or a response to Incomplete Request, it is checked to be certain that it is complete and correct and includes the payment.
- If it is a response to an Incomplete Request then the Incomplete request is looked up.
- If it is complete and correct, the payment is forwarded to the Finance Department.
- The subscription is checked against the special offer file to see if the subscription contains any special offers.
- The verified subscription is filed along with any special offer flags that exist.
- The Verified Subscriber information is passed to Update Subscriber.
- If the Subscription Request is incomplete it is passed to Process Incomplete Subscription Requests.
- When the Verified Subscriber info is received from the completed Subscription Request, the Subscriber information is retrieved.
- If the Subscriber does not exist then they are added to the Subscriber file.
- If the Subscriber does exist then the file is verified and updated with the any new information.
Process Incomplete Subscription Request
- When an Incomplete Subscription Request is received, the Subscriber is contacted requesting addition Subscription information.
- If the subscriber cannot be contacted immediately the Incomplete Request is filed.
Complete Special Offer Requisition
- Each day the completed Subscriptions with special offers are retrieved along with the Subscriber info.
- The information is used to complete the Special Requisition.
- The completed Special Offer Requisition is sent to the Shipping Department for processing.
Prepare Mailing Labels
- Each day the days Subscribers for the current day’s subscriptions are retrieved.
- The Subscriber contact information is processed into mailing labels.
- The Mailing Labels are forwarded to the Production Department.